Everyday person fed up with my day to day life and job determined to change things for the better for me and my family - follow me on my journey and join me by making a change in your life for the better. Set yourself free...

Follow me on Snapchat: lifechanger2016

Follow me on Snapchat: lifechanger2016
lifechanger2016

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Vegan or Vegitarian

Vegan or Vegetarian

Well first for me at the moment, its got to be vegatarian. The fact that I have decided not to eat meat, is probably as far as I'll go to start off with, without compounding matters by opting for the Vegan tag also. The term Vegetarian is the process whereby persons abstain from eating meat.  Vegan being the process of eating neither meat (inc fish ) nor dairy ( eggs, milk, butter, cheese etc).

My reasons for cutting out meat in my diet are wholly health related. The information and knowledge I have gained in the last few weeks of exploration and discovery have reinforced my views and I am very determined to make this a permanent change in my life. As eating meat had become such a integral part of my life, the lives of my family and friends, and the vast majority of the population in Ireland - I have found the process not as straightforward as I would have thought.

My family and extended family traditionally down through the years have eaten all kinds of meats (processed and non processed). From mince to steak to beef to chicken to burgers to rashers to sausages to fish... Not a day would pass that I wouldn't have ingested a meat product.


 So when I decided to enter into the Google search engine one early morning "Does meat cause Cancer" nothing prepared me for what I was about to see. Try it yourself ... The results on the screen astonished and startled me to the point that I was almost in disbelief. One of the first results is a quote from the world health organisation which states "the WHO has classified processed meats as a group 1 carcinogen which means there is strong evidence that processed meats cause cancer and red meats such as beef, lamb and pork have been classified as a probable causes of cancer." This is a seriously strong statement coming from a very very reputable organisation.

 After my initial surprise I became curious and wanted to find out more information. Could there be another source, an alternative theory, surely this wasn't true., the lovely roast and gravy that I enjoyed so much every Sunday , how why , when ?? There are so many questions so I decided to emerse myself over the next couple of weeks exploring all information vegan and vegetarian. I was already subscribed to a podcast from a well know vegan who changed his life around and had been vegan for the best part of a decade, he claimed health benifits, and athletic achievements - Rich roll.


I live in a country that is heavily propped up by a major beef industry that is worth billions in funds. Can we trust our government to engage with us fully and be honest in recommending what is right for us to eat...?

At present I guess I'm a fully fledged vegetarian with definite aspirations of becoming vegan in the near future.
Still learning still exploring ...




No comments:

Post a Comment